Finally, Non-fungible token (NFT) has made its entry into politics. The South Korean Presidential Election has witnessed the involvement of NFTs to woo the younger voters. In a bid to win the elections, candidate Yoon Suk-Yeol launched NFTs featuring his images and videos. As per reports, Yoon has minted 4,000 tokens till now.
Politics meets NFT
Who would have thought that someday NFTs and Cryptocurrency will become a part of politics and elections? Meanwhile, conservative candidate Yoon has managed to collide NFTs with the elections. Yoon’s this move has been termed as a ‘tactic to attract younger voters’ in the final phase of his campaign.
As per reports, Yoon has minted around 4,000 NFTs on the AERGO blockchain while he plans to drop 20,000 more of them. The South Korean NFT marketplace CCCV made them available for sale at the price of 50,000 Korean won (US$40.78). Meanwhile, Yoon is not the first in the race to woo youth with NFTs. His rival left-wing Democratic Party candidate Lee has already airdropped his NFTs to donors of his campaign. It is been reported that Lee’s NFts carries his picture and a copy of his policies. Lee also opened doors for cryptocurrency as political donations.
Both candidates have also mentioned removing the country’s ban on ICOs. The ban was posted on the Financial Services Commission’s site in 2017 however it has never been made into regulation.
South Korea bets on Crypto
It is commendable that South Korean Presidential candidates have involved crypto and NFTs despite the sanctions being planned over Russia targeting a particular ecosystem. This drops a hint that the nation plans to become a key player in the metaverse ecosystem.
However, South Korea hasn’t passed any blockchain-specific law till now. On the other hand, reportedly, there are 14 crypto-related bills making rounds in the legislature.
It is a piece of positive news too for the crypto enthusiasts as the Russian invasion of Ukraine has left the market bleeding and still unstable.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?