Bitcoin is trading just above $6k, being down by 70% from its ATH while constantly making records with BTC dominance at 54.5%. According to the Wall Street strategist, in the long term bitcoin can drop to $1,000 which is showing market patterns similar to Nasdaq dot-com bubble. A bounce can offer reprieve but the investors need to be wary of the afterward decline.
Bitcoin bulls keep on charging, BTC dominance continuously rising
The streets are running red, prices are heavily down, and there is no reprieve in sight. Since this month started, Bitcoin has been only plunging. Starting the month from just above $7,750, the prices dropped below $6k before making a slight upward trend. For now, it is managing to stay just above this line at $6,037 at the time of writing.
The world’s leading cryptocurrency is down by 70 percent from its All-Time High (ATH) while BTC Dominance is showing no signs of stopping at least any time soon. With the way altcoins are plunging right now, in the double digits, it will be going higher.
According to the Chief Options Strategist at Interactive brokers, Steve Sosnick, as Bitcoin broke the $8k and now precariously trading at $6k, it has been quite a volatile market. The rejection of Bitcoin ETF by SEC and the technical selling have been the primary reasons for the same.
Bitcoin bounce is a possibility, but it could only be a residual rally
Talking about the short time price movement, as per Sosnick, if Bitcoins fails to hold $6k level, it will fall further and might even take a hit below the $5k mark. He further showed the similarities between the current Bitcoin price fluctuations and the Nasdaq dot-com bubble in 2000. The host of the discussion also pointed out how Bitcoin price fluctuation makes the dot-com bubble look relatively small.
As for the long-term, Bitcoin can also fall to the $1,000 level and lower. He emphasized, while comparing with the dot-com bubble chart, that this kind of market patterns end in a nasty way.
He also pointed out how the highs are getting lower and lower creating a triangle. This descending triangle indicates towards a price slide. However, the momentum can turnaround and a bull rally can hit the market. This price bounce can give the market a reprieve from bears but this will hit the $6,900 threshold before making a downward slide and this time investors need to wary.
With a market cap of $104 billion, Bitcoin is managing the 24-hour trading volume of $5.3 billion. The current circulating supply of Bitcoin is just over 17 million out of the total 21 million. With the ongoing dip in full swing, this is the time for an investor to get oneself a share of Bitcoin as well.
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?