Bitcoin’s lock-step trading is becoming more or less mundane. The inability to lift above $40,000 appears to be exhausting buyers. On the other hand, most attention is directed toward defending support at $37,000.
Meanwhile, the flagship cryptocurrency trades slightly above $38,000. The primary goal is to support the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) on the four-hour chart. However, there is a high chance that this immediate anchor will not hold in the short term, paving the way for losses beneath $38,000.
The US SEC reviewing Bitcoin ETF products filings by Fidelity and SkyBridge
A couple of United States-based companies, Fidelity and SkyBridge, have filed applications seeking approval for Bitcoin exchange-traded funds (ETFs). A filing on May 25 confirms the application from Fidelity Investment which intends to debut an investment product referred to as Wise Origin Bitcoin Trust.
Fidelity began the process in March and aimed to have the product trade on Cboe’s BZX exchange. Similarly, SkyBridge Capital completed a separate filing on May 21 with a product dubbed First Trust SkyBridge Bitcoin ETF Trust likely to trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
Bitcoin on the verge of another downswing
Bitcoin’s short-term technical outlook shows signs of the bearish pressure taking a toll on the bulls in the coming sessions. The picture comes after the rejection of $40,000. Besides, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) emphasizes the bearish building momentum as it retraces toward the midline.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
The downtrend will become more apparent if the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) returns to the negative region. Overhead pressure would be accentuated by the MACD line (blue) crossing under the signal line. Support is anticipated between $37,000 and $36,000, but if broken, BTC could tumble towards $30,000
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $38,178
Support $37,000 and $35,000
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?