- Bitcoin price tumbles to refresh levels at $9,200 after the fight for $10,000 fizzled at $9,800.
- BTC/USD is still not out of the bearish camp yet and declines to $9,000, perhaps $8,000 are still in the picture.
Bitcoin is facing increased selling activity as the month of June nears the end. The recent run-up to $9,800 was not only cut short prematurely but also ended in devastating losses on Wednesday. Luckily, support at $9,200 is standing its ground and giving the bulls a fighting chance. At the time of writing, BTC/USD is doddering at $9,266. The prevailing trend is strongly bearish, besides Bitcoin has already lost 0.19% of its value on the day. Rapid price movements will continue to be limited in the near term due to the shrinking volatility.
BTC/USD is essentially back to the drawing board. On the positive side, this is an opportunity to launch another stronger attack on the resistances at $9,800 and $10,000 respectively. For now, the price is trading marginally below an ascending trendline. A situation that does not look too good for the largest cryptocurrency. If fresh demand is not created at this level (above $9,200), we are likely to see more declines towards $9,000. Another drop under $9,000 will this time open the Pandora box for losses heading to $8,000.
BTC/USD daily chart
Slightly above the market value, BTC/USD is encountering more selling activities at the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA). More resistance is expected at $9,400, $9,500 and $9,600.
From a technical perspective, Bitcoin will continue to see balance at $9,200 in the coming sessions. The RSI’s retreat from weekly highs at 55 to current levels at 40, places Bitcoin in the hands of the sellers. However, the MACD position at the midline shows Bitcoin’s likelihood of engaging a consolidative movement. This will allow the buyers to first, seek balance from the tumble and second, to start gathering the energy needed to clear the hurdles towards $10,000.
Bitcoin Key Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $9,218
Relative change: -60
Percentage change: -0.73
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000