Spanish banks are gearing up in preparation for the upcoming crypto regulations. But in line with the regulations, the Bank of Spain must first put together, a list of virtual assets service providers by October 29. Now, this in itself would naturally not be a major challenge, but for the bogus nature of the whole situation.
Spanish Banks Faced With Uncertainty As They Race to Comply With Crypto Regulations
In the wake of recent crypto regulations, Spanish banks who have interest in offering cryptocurrency services directly to their customers, are beginning to make arrangements to comply with the upcoming regulations. However, most of these financial institutions are still unsure if they must even apply at all.
For starters, banks are already in compliance with other anti-money laundering laws. Now, just like these banks, many experts strongly believe that re-registering would just be amounting to a sheer waste of time.
In addition to the confusion that’s already in place, the Bank of Spain has also failed to live up to its previous announcement — to release the paperwork and instructions for interested parties in the upcoming registry. This has further added to the uncertainties of these banks as they wait to find out whether they need to register again under applicable laws.
Some Spanish Banks are Not Waiting
Some of the banks operating in Spain can’t really wait to start their crypto-related transactions. With the likes of BBVA having already established a commercial crypto asset in Switzerland as reported by Coingape. There’s also Caixabank, another bank who in partnership with Onyze, is starting a pilot program offering crypto services.
What Can the Banks Do In this Situation
In all honesty, it really doesn’t make a lot of sense for these banks to have to go through the all of the requirements imposed by the crypto regulations standard. And seeing as no clear paperwork or instructions have been issued by the regulators, it is really not necessary in my own opinion. However, to avoid complications that might arise in the future from offering crypto services, it is advisable that the banks alter their money laundering, and terrorism funding policies and laws.
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?