The bloodbath for decentralized finance [DeFi] tokens is far from over. One of the worst-hit tokens has been popular yield farming protocol, Yearn Finance’s YFI. It has undergone a strong retracement and over the past week, YFI was down by 12.84%.
The governance token recently took a plunge to $10,000, this level was last seen in the month of August. On the brighter side, the stint was short-lived as it bounced back to its press time price of $11,164. This could signal that YFI’s price has bottomed out at this level in anticipation of a much-needed uptrend.
Hints of Reversal in the Offing
A bullish divergence was also noted by the blockchain intelligence platform, Santiment. According to its latest findings, five whales holding between 1,000 and 10,000 YFI made an entry to the network this week. While the foray of the small number of these large investors may look inconsequential, however, the impact should not be underestimated, primarily because these large holders move a massive volume of coins. And if the addresses holding large amounts of the token continue to increase, a much-anticipated price breakout could, in fact, materialize.
Another good sign was a noticeable uptick in terms of active address, Santiment noted. There was a spike in the figures for deposits which hinted towards a potential case of network growth and hence, a possible recovery in the near term. According to the above chart, the figures for addresses climbed up from near-zero on the 20th of October to over 1,620, ten days later.
Coingape had previously reported that more than 86% of the addresses with a balance in YFI at the current price level were out of the money. This essentially meant that the holders are at a loss and 86% of holders would make a loss if they were to sell the position. However, the latest chart depicted a reversal [of sorts] in the coming days. Santiment summed up,
“YFI is looking interesting for a slight bounce back. Holders selling after YFI dropped below 12K, feeling a little bit of pain. In the meanwhile the active addresses are growing. And have been growing for few days.”
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?