IOTA has finally released its desktop beta version that has the IOTA community excited. Meanwhile, MIOTA price takes a jump of almost 4 percent and reach $0.5289.
IOTA trinity desktop beta released
It’s been 5 months since IOTA had a successful and exciting release of the beta version of its Trinity mobile wallet. Now, IOTA Foundation has come forward with the Trinity Desktop beta wallet for people to download and try it out.
According to the official announcement, the mobile UX has been optimized for desktop. The company has maintained the familiar flow while making some new additions. In order to ensure the security of the app, it has gone through an audit yet again. From now on, Trinity wallet’s beta version is available for both mobile and desktop.
— IOTA (@iotatoken) August 25, 2018
The website details the features specific to Trinity Desktop including Support for the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, support for the Trezor hardware wallet, two-factor authentication support for the YubiKey device, and Support for a Windows widget and Mac menu bar app that the team is or will be working on.
In the future, they are also planning to add NAM address book for a more permanent contact address, aiming to overcome the limitations of address reuse. This would also enable donation addresses. Furthermore, NAM messaging would also be enabled to support for messaging using private MAM streams, building on the address book feature.
They further stated:
“We are also open sourcing all code for the mobile and desktop wallets today — the code can be found on our Github repo. Please dive in and explore. Over the next few weeks, we will be looking to work with our developer community to improve the wallet further.”
also, read: IOTA Confirming 95% Transactions in more than a Minute, Does Infinite Scalability Holds a Chance?
IOTA community feeling the excitement
The IOTA community is extremely excited and has some good review to share about this wallet:
Redditor, Rediyar shared,
“Awesome UX and UI. Easy to use! I like what I see there.”
Another one shared,
“Looks/Works really nice, I am right now playing with a Testseed and seems to work pretty smooth. Well done.”
One Redditor illustrated,
“Just tried it out, it’s amazing. I didn’t realise Trinity has come so far & it’s just the right amount of security-focused, in my opinion, to not piss off casual users but still keep them relatively secure from dumb mistakes.”
Another IOTA enthusiast shares:
“The UI is genuinely awesome and being able to send transactions based on just the $ value is great. Though since you contact the IOTA servers for price information and stuff, I guess that warrants the personal information agreement – though I guess some people might be thrown by that with a cryptocurrency (shockingly abiding by GDPR). Edit: If you were keeping your IOTA on exchanges, now is the time to move them.”
Not everyone is positive with its different aspects, as The_charlatan_ comments:
“That ‘Security Audit’ is a pure smokescreen. As mentioned in the audit report, nothing really important was inspected by the auditing company, due to lack of time. Why post about the audit at all, when nothing important was inspected (except for the purpose of being a gimmick or making the user feel more secure than he may actually be).”
IOTA community members are feeling positive and bullish as Me2you00 points out, “Iota is on fire in this bear market, just delivering!”
However, if we take a look at the market, cryptocurrencies are feeling the greens as a majority of them are registering the gains. At the time of writing, the world’s 11th largest cryptocurrency is sitting at $0.528 while enjoying the 24-hour gains of 3.93 percent.
With a market cap of $1.4 billion, IOTA is managing the 24-hours trading volume of $31.6 million. With the beta wallet for the desktop being launched and the market currently feeling the greens, we just might see it extending the gains.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?