The Dutch blockchain companies LTO Network and V-ID entered into a partnership this week by rolling out an immediately applicable, GDPR-compliant blockchain solution for companies and governments. Additional objectives in this regard are the practical applicability for organizations from every sector, achieving cost savings and further developing the Netherlands as a European knowledge center for blockchain applications.
The European Commission recently launched an initial exploration of specific legislation for GDPR compliant blockchain applications. In that context, a program was started in Amsterdam on March the 28th under the leadership of CMS, LTO Network and V-ID with the aim of designing a best-practice framework for GDPR compliance in blockchain applications. Among the participants were lawyers, technicians, consultants and use case experts from CMS Law, LTO network, V-ID, IBM, Axveco, ING, Rabobank and KPN.
At first glance, GDPR seems to be in direct contradiction with the basics of blockchain technology. Blockchain is a way to store events forever, in which the GDPR principle “the right to be forgotten” would appear to be impractical in some cases.
The blockchain platform of LTO Network solves this problem by means of the decentralized “stamping” of data as proof of the existence of this data at a certain moment. Hereby, the confirmation data, not the data object itself, is stored on the public blockchain. This data can only be accessed by the owner of a certain type of password. The blockchain solution from LTO Network is already in production at the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management, SignRequest and CMS Law & Tax.
Marnix van den Berg, Founder V-ID: “The conversations we had with clients or potential partners over the past few months have always been full of energy, but Rick added a bit more. LTO Network distinguishes itself in terms of speed and potential, but especially in terms of vision and leadership. ”
V-ID has developed a platform to authenticate any digital file. After validation of the file, a recipient can check the authenticity of the file within 5 seconds. This makes it possible to share digital documents freely, without the risk of unlawful manipulation on the way to the receiver. V-ID’s customers include Airbus Space & Defence, Krohne, but also smaller companies such as BaanVelgen and JWC Superyachts.
Rick Schmitz, CEO of LTO Network: “V-ID is a super easy-to-use real-world use case with enormous added value. Their practical and especially beautiful UI is a relief in a space that unfortunately often hangs together from vague promises and PoCs. “
LTO Network and V-ID focus on different, complementary aspects of blockchain technology. Where LTO Network focuses on the underlying data security structures, V-ID is a practical platform, intended for direct application in daily work processes. Both companies, however, have the main objective of facilitating the widest possible application of blockchain techniques with the lowest possible threshold for adoption of this technology.
Katja van Kranenburg – Hanspians, CMS Law Partner: “For us the combination of V-ID and LTO Network is a natural one. Not only because of the energetic and open-minded way they handle blockchain projects with their knowledge and experience but also because both of them are fun to cooperate and explore possibilities in the blockchain space with. ”
The next Deepdive GDPR session will take place in 4 weeks with Blockchain Governance as the sub-theme. The exact date and location will be announced later.
Persons and contact details
Rick Schmitz, CEO
Marnix van den Berg, Founder
Buy V-ID tokens on IDEX , LA token, or Hotbit.
Blockchain and compliance
This is a paid press release. Do your own research related to the promoted company or any of its affiliates or services mentioned in the press release. Coingape.com does not hold any responsibility for your damage or loss.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support