Amid a global regulatory crackdown on cryptocurrencies, the U.S. SEC’s approval of a Bitcoin (BTC) Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) has come as a pleasant surprise to the Bitcoin community. The most awaited ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF is reportedly launching as early as Monday, October 18. This ETF is going to be traded with a ticker symbol of BITO and will track Bitcoin futures.
Bitcoin rallies towards $100K
Instead of achieving regulatory green light, Bitcoin price crossed $62K this morning with a slight correction, BTC continued to stand strong at $61.5K, at the time of reporting. The market is raging with speculation of Bitcoin crossing $100K with this ETF. The timing could not have been better as the fourth quarter has commenced the holiday season bull run, with trader bonuses flooding in as cryptocurrencies take to an upward graph. Since the beginning of October, when the potential BTC ETF began gaining mass traction, the impact on Bitcoin prices also became evident.
According to a Bloomberg report, this Bitcoin ETF will further the institutional adoption of the decentralized sphere, specifically focused on Bitcoin. “An ETF should provide greater ease-of-use for retail investors looking to ride Bitcoin’s often hair-raising ups and downs. Like securities tracking oil and gold, it will change hands on relatively familiar U.S. stock-market venues, rather than in cryptocurrency or futures exchanges whose workings are imposing to some users.”
Regulatory approval can make or break a token
The frequently validated fact that regulatory approval radically helps the growth of cryptocurrencies, despite it being a decentralized and unregulated market, continues to gain credibility. XRP is one of the most prominent examples of how drowning in a regulatory puddle may keep certain tokens into a bear rut, while the rest of the industry leaps into the bullish phase. Due to the ongoing XRP lawsuit against Ripple, the XRP community continues to suffer as the fourth quarter has not helped XRP so far. The community blames the SEC for stretching the lawsuit intentionally so that XRP skips this bull run.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?