The latest update in the XRP lawsuit saw the SEC file a letter requesting the Court to extend the expert rebuttal report deadline to November 12, 2021, and the expert discovery deadline to January 14, 2022, from the former date of November 12, 2021. The plaintiff noted that the extension will allocate both parties sufficient time to prepare rebuttal reports and depose a minimum of 14 expert witnesses.
Ripple Opposes SEC extension appeal to save XRP from an isolated bear run
While consenting to the extension of the rebuttal report deadline until November 12, Ripple opposes the January 14 deposition deadline to avoid the case from stretching long enough for XRP to entirely miss the bull run. Furthermore, Ripple also intends to file an opposition to this letter motion on October 18, 2021.
The SEC offered a compromise to Ripple, preponing the expert discovery extension to December 22, but the defense has rejected that offer as well. Ripple argues that the extension would “would likely impact the briefing schedule for summary judgment motion[s].”, as post-December 10, 2021, the Thanksgiving holidays will commence the holiday season.
SEC supports extension appeal with pending motions
The SEC objects that the case is even less ready for summary judgment motions as expert discovery has commenced with an incomplete factual record. The commission noted that on September 1, 2021, Magistrate Judge Netburn granted the SEC’s motion to compel Ripple to produce certain instant messages among its employees, but Ripple has not completed its production of responsive documents and has not provided any timetable by which it will be complete. Along with the incomplete discovery of a granted motion, the plaintiff states that the parties have a total of four pending discovery motions before Magistrate Judge Netburn. The plaintiff claims that even if one motion is granted, the parties will require an additional extension to proceed with the discovery.
“If Magistrate Judge Netburn grants any of the pending motions to compel, at minimum, the parties would need additional time to review and produce the documents at issue…The SEC’s proposed extension is fair and reasonable under the circumstances and should be granted for good cause.”, stated the SEC.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5