Bitcoin experienced a $3,000 price crash as it was inching close to its 2017 price high, the price fell from $19,800 to below %16,500. Currently, bitcoin is consolidating around $17,000 and is expected to bounce back and go past its all time high. However, despite the price crash, the bitcoin community is quite bullish as the price correction was expected and unlike 2017, the institutional Fomo has driven the price throughout.
In a bull market when prices continue to rise, a pullback of 30% is considered normal and not something to worry about and key bitcoin charts indicate the same. The 2017 bitcoin bull run was mostly a fan frenzy and the prices rose suddenly towards the last week of December and fell right after touching the all-time-high. Thus, the present crash is being seen as a good sign as even during the last bull run bitcoin price slumped to a 30% fall right before creating an all-time-high price of nearly $20,000 on some exchanges.
The Differentiating Factor Between 2020 and 2017 Bull Run
The current bitcoin bull rally is being considered to be quite different from the 2017 one for a number of reasons, the key reason being adoption. Bitcoin is no more just a speculative internet bubble, in fact 2020 has been quite bullish for bitcoin right from the block reward halving to the adoption from mainstream hedge funds as well as the likes of PayPal who have openly endorsed bitcoin, phenomenon never witnessed before.
If we look at the number of bitcoin addresses with more than $10 in balance, we will see a constant rise from the end of 2018 and currently nearing 18 million mark.
Another key factor which points towards the growing confidence of institutional players in Bitcoin as a safe bet and a store of value is the record growing volume of open interest on CME. Bitcoin Futures contracts backed by liquid bitcoin on CME has seen the volume of open interest volume near $1 billion mark. Open interest referees to the total value of outstanding contracts that are yet to be settled.
The fact that CME is a heavily regulated platform which is a clear indication of rising interest of institutional players in bitcoin.
The growing retail interest along with the influx of institutional players has made bitcoin one of the most sought after asset class at the present movement. Many believe bitcoin is currently shifting gears and catapulting to mainstream adoption with the ongoing bull run.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?