The Bank of International Settlements’ Innovation Hub is looking to take further CBDC developments. The BIS Innovation Hub is developing a proof-of-concept (PoC) platform that explores the use of central bank digital currencies (DBDCs) in cross-border payments.
The BIS, the global financial institution owned by central banks worldwide, has listed CBDCs as one of the six “thematic priorities” for the year 2021. The Proof-of-Concept platform will test will use and test multiple wholesale CBDCs in order to explore the feasibility of cheaper and faster cross-border payments.
The BIS Innovation Hub mentioned that the project shall be developed alongside “a technological research project and associated prototype(s) for tiered retail CBDC distributions architectures”. Benoît Cœuré, BISIH Head said:
“This work programme shows our commitment to exploring in the most practical ways how best to harness technological change for the benefit of central banks and create public goods to support the global financial system. We look forward to taking on the challenges of the year ahead together with our partner central banks”.
Central Banks Accelerating CBDC Developments
Central banks worldwide have been building their digital currency infrastructure to push CBDCs in the market. The involvement of the BIS will help them accelerate this project further and set the pace for other monetary authorities under its purview.
Two weeks back, ECB President Christine Lagarde said that the pan Europe CBDC -Digital Euro – shall be in the market within the next 5 years. While this might seem to be a bit delayed process, Lagarde explained the reason behind this time-frame.
“We are not charging on because it’s an area where we need to be very careful and where we need to have a system that is secure, that is safe, that responds to Europeans demand,” she said.
The ECB President already sees the Digital Euro and a complementary infrastructure to cash and not a replacement.
The newly appointed U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is also positive about the digital currency technology and developments. Possibly, the Federal Reserve might accelerate its work on Digital Dollar very soon.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?