The world’s largest cryptocurrency is currently under pressure as the BTC price tanked 5% from Wednesday’s levels of around $57,000. This has pushed the BTC price sub $53,000 as the cryptocurrency’s valuations drop below $1 trillion.
Interestingly, the recent BTC price correction comes despite financial giant Fidelity Investments applied for a Bitcoin ETF late Wednesday, March 24. As per the Form S-1 filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) a preliminary registration has been made for the Wise Origin Bitcoin Trust.
As CNBC reports, Fidelity subsidiary FD Funds Management shall be offering the financial backing for the fund. Besides, the parent company has also confirmed filing the prospectus to sponsor a Bitcoin ETF.
Upon approval by the U.S. SEC, the Fidelity Bitcoin ETF will track the performance of Bitcoin measured on the Fidelity Bitcoin Index. As the Bitcoin ETF race catches up among U.S. financial institutions, investors are keenly observing the developments.
So far, the SEC has yet to approve the first Bitcoin ETF for the U.S. market. There are currently six U.S. Bitcoin ETFs currently awaiting SEC approval.
There are now at least 6 US #Bitcoin ETF applications awaiting approval from:
NYDIG Asset Management
Valkyrie Digital Assets
Skybridge and First Trust
— Bloqport (@Bloqport) March 24, 2021
The Fidelity-backed Trust is not intending to sell Bitcoins, however, it shall use the cryptocurrency for paying certain expenses. As per the IRS guidelines this shall still be treated as a sale of digital currency. In an email statement to Bloomberg, Fidelity wrote:
“The digital assets ecosystem has grown significantly in recent years, creating an even more robust marketplace for investors and accelerating demand among institutions. An increasingly wide range of investors seeking access to Bitcoin has underscored the need for a more diversified set of products offering exposure to digital assets.”
Bitcoin (BTC) Under Pressure As Institutional Interest Wanes off
Bitcoin has been trading sideways and continues to remain under pressure over the last week. On Wednesday, the Tesla Bitcoin news helped the world’s largest cryptocurrency to reverse its trajectory and move north. However, it wasn’t sufficient to keep the momentum ahead.
After a massive bull-run backed by institutions, there seems to be a lack of additional institutional fuel to keep the Bitcoin momentum going further. On the other hand, on-chain data provider Santiment notes that Bitcoin is currently seeing the lowest rate of token circulation vs market cap.
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) March 25, 2021
There could be further pain ahead as $6 billion worth of options contracts are set to expire by this Friday. However, the BTC price prediction and expectations for April stand at $80K.
— Jan & Yann (@Negentropic_) March 24, 2021
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?