Bitcoin (BTC) continues to face down pressure as the world’s largest cryptocurrency faced another rejection above $35,000 levels. On Sunday, July 4, BTC made a move all the way above $35,900 levels but could sustain only for a few hours.
Wiping out all its weekend gains, BTC is back under $34,000 as of now on Monday evening. Bitcoin has registered its second-worst quarterly performance in history after 2010, reports MarketWatch. After a solid rally earlier this year, BTC ended the second quarter of 2021 down 42%.
As it turns out, short-term investors have ended up booking major losses. At the same time, the long-term investors have been accumulating at dips. The on-chain data shows that BTC is showing a healthy trend with address activity picking up slowly.
Bitcoin On-Chain Metrics
As per data from Glassnode, Bitcoin’s (BTC) balance at OTC desks has been on a continuous decline. This suggests that big players have continued with their accumulation amid this recent price decline.
Bitcoin’s ‘millionaire tier’ whale addresses holding between 100 to 10K have kicked off major accumulation this month. These addresses have accumulated 60K BTC registering the highest daily spike in 2021. On-chain data provider Santiment notes that these whale addresses have added 100K BTC over the last six weeks and hold a combined 9.12 million coins in total.
Also, the recent drop from ~$36K to now under $34K comes with a very low exchange volume seen on the USA Independence weekend. The Bitcoin exchange inflow and outflow registered 2021 lows during this period. Another bullish indicator is that the Bitcoin supply at exchanges has dropped to its lowest since January 2021.
With exchange supply dropping to a 6-month low, it suggests that there’s a reduced risk of major BTC selloffs at the exchanges. However, $30,000 will be the level to watch out for on the lower side. Any dip below it can possibly trigger a further slide to $25,000.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?