Bitcoin [BTC] price seems to be holding on to it’s support levels, showing signs of bulls. While the drop due to coronavirus panic has spread across all investment assets, Bitcoin investors seems to be showing resistance to the sell-off pressure.
This is a novel territory for Bitcoin, many countries are under a complete lock-down, and the economic systems of the world at the placed at the brink of a collapse.
Bitcoin has never known a recession or black swan event and currently is at it’s highest correlation 0.6 with the S&P 500
The S&P 500 index plunged 32.7% from highs near $3400 on 19th February. In less than a month, the bullish view as completely changed and it pointing towards a collapse.
BTC and S&P 500 Index Correlation (Source: Tweet)
On the worst day, Bitcoin plunged about 57% touching lows at $3,800. Given the volatility and history of Bitcoin it certainly has more room below, however, it has held support since then. Moreover, if the situation continues to worsen, the short-term view remains bearish. He added,
I don’t believe Bitcoin pumps yet, if stocks continue to dump
The Price Action in the last two days have been hopeful in terms of breaking correlation with the plunging stock markets. Prominent crypto derivatives trader, TheBoot (alias) tweeted,
Many are asking if $btc has decoupled. I do not believe that. I think it is either:
1. Showing relative strength and is going to pump on $SPX bounce.
2. Just simple lagging for whatever reason.
He expects the first situation to play-out, as the SPX will eventually have a bounce. The stock markets will be looking for a positive correction or a relief bounce soon.
The SPX close yesterday formed a hammer (single candlestick) on a daily scale as traders bought at lows below $2300, which is bullish. SPX closed just below $2400. In case the stock market sees signs of bullish reversal, Bitcoin might pump as well. Nevertheless, due to the continued violent spread of the virus, situations might worsen in a week or so.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?