Bitcoin [BTC] price seems to be holding on to it’s support levels, showing signs of bulls. While the drop due to coronavirus panic has spread across all investment assets, Bitcoin investors seems to be showing resistance to the sell-off pressure.
This is a novel territory for Bitcoin, many countries are under a complete lock-down, and the economic systems of the world at the placed at the brink of a collapse.
Bitcoin has never known a recession or black swan event and currently is at it’s highest correlation 0.6 with the S&P 500
The S&P 500 index plunged 32.7% from highs near $3400 on 19th February. In less than a month, the bullish view as completely changed and it pointing towards a collapse.
BTC and S&P 500 Index Correlation (Source: Tweet)
On the worst day, Bitcoin plunged about 57% touching lows at $3,800. Given the volatility and history of Bitcoin it certainly has more room below, however, it has held support since then. Moreover, if the situation continues to worsen, the short-term view remains bearish. He added,
I don’t believe Bitcoin pumps yet, if stocks continue to dump
The Price Action in the last two days have been hopeful in terms of breaking correlation with the plunging stock markets. Prominent crypto derivatives trader, TheBoot (alias) tweeted,
Many are asking if $btc has decoupled. I do not believe that. I think it is either:
1. Showing relative strength and is going to pump on $SPX bounce.
2. Just simple lagging for whatever reason.
He expects the first situation to play-out, as the SPX will eventually have a bounce. The stock markets will be looking for a positive correction or a relief bounce soon.
The SPX close yesterday formed a hammer (single candlestick) on a daily scale as traders bought at lows below $2300, which is bullish. SPX closed just below $2400. In case the stock market sees signs of bullish reversal, Bitcoin might pump as well. Nevertheless, due to the continued violent spread of the virus, situations might worsen in a week or so.
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure
- ECB President asserts “Cryptos are not currencies, full stop.”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Upside Potential Limited But Remains Fundamentally Strong To Hit $50,000
- El Salvador: Enraged Protesters burn down Bitcoin ATM
- Ethereum Token Burn: Is there a Timeline to See its Impact on Price?
- XRP Price Analysis: XRP Consolidates Above $1 For The Longest Time In History, What’s Next?
- ETH Price Analysis: Can Ethereum Regain Supremacy Over Layer 2 Solution?
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know