Ian Balina, the founder of Token Metrics, is sounding his bullish horn and vouching for Bitcoin when the coronavirus pandemic spread, forcing central banks—and specifically the US Federal Reserve, to react aggressively to prop their banking systems.
Fund Rates drop to 0.25% and a $900 billion Stimulus announced
Jerome Powell, Sunday, announced an emergency cut, slashing inter-bank funding rates to 0.25% and lengthened loan terms to 90 days.
“The coronavirus outbreak has harmed communities and disrupted economic activity in many countries, including the United States. We will maintain the rate at this level until we’re confident that the economy has weathered recent events and is on track to achieve our maximum employment and price stability goals.”
The move which came as a surprise had adverse effects on the US Stock Market. The Dow Jones index fell 900 points on opening, an unexpected move.
This is despite the $900 billion stimulus that the central bank announced, saying they will embark on Treasury bond purchases and those of Mortgage-Backed Securities.
Time for Bitcoin (BTC), Rate Cut won’t prevent Lock-downs
In the wave of this panic, Ian took to Twitter expressing his bullishness and the benefit of holding Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is autonomous, controlled by the masses, and is decentralized. The coin, despite posting huge losses in the last two weeks, near halving, remains an effective tool for not only transferring funds but for storing value.
“Morgan Stanley told the world to sell the US dollar for other currencies. Bitcoin was designed for times like this. Recession, quantitative easing, inflation. No longer do you need to depend on central banks. Take power back and become your own bank.”
Morgan Stanley told the world to sell the US dollar for other currencies. Bitcoin was designed for times like this. Recession, quantitative easing, inflation. No longer do you need to depend on central banks. Take power back and become your own bank. #bitcoin #crypto
— Ian Balina (@DiaryofaMadeMan) March 16, 2020
At this time of panic and central banks announcing measures to either prevent further spread of the virus and to shore their respective economies, the reception of this emergency fund rate has been negative.
This disapproval by all means strengthens the case for Bitcoin and alternative coins.
The reduction of rates, one critic said, “don’t lower infection rates, they don’t make it easier to go to work, it doesn’t make normal people stop panic buying random shit, and it doesn’t make people more likely to go outside and buy stuff.”
At pixel time 12:30 GMT+3, Bitcoin was trading at $4,856, down seven percent in the last trading day.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?