The number of Bitcoin Futures Open Interest at OkEx, a cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, exceeds those of BitMex, the popular Bitcoin trading platform that is closely watched by traders.
And it has been like this for a while now.
OKEx tops with the number of Open Interest, ahead of Binance and BitMex
Notably, BitMex is down the trading volume leader-board.
A look at the number of trading volumes from the leading BTC futures platform reveals that BitMex is down behind Binance and OKEx.
At the time of going to press, positions worth $2.79 billion had been generated from Binance while OKEx, at second, had $2.49 million.
Interestingly, BitMex is third with $2.48 billion of trading volumes on the last trading day.
Binance seems to grow from strength to strength.
Aside from controversially acquiring CoinMarketCap for $400 million, their CEO is keen on expanding the exchange’s reach across the globe. This amid the coronavirus scare and the desperate intervention from central banks.
United States, for instance, has declared that it would shore businesses, embarking on infinite quantitative easing. The say move has been emulated by the ECB, India, China, and central banks from Africa.
Egypt has even introduced limits on withdrawals and eased. The same applies for Kenya and other leading economies from Africa.
Economy could sink into a Depression
However, despite the high number of open interest, a measure of the number of open BTC positions, traders and crypto commentators are not impressed.
Magic, a vocal crypto supporter, opined that this was not the best time to hodl any crypto.
He reasons that there is a serious risk of the global economy sliding into one of the greatest depressions.
“In my opinion, the worst thing to do with crypto, is HODL it as the world slides deeper into what will probably become the biggest depression in history. Crypto will be annihilated. Hodling may have worked in the early days, but crypto has also never experienced a recession.”
In my opinion, the worst thing to do with crypto, is HODL it as the world slides deeper into what will probably become the biggest depression in history. Crypto will be annihilated. Hodling may have worked in the early days, but crypto has also never experienced a recession.
— MAGIC (@MagicPoopCannon) April 2, 2020
Infinite QE won’t help resuscitate Markets
Meanwhile, Jay Hao, the CEO of OKEx, agrees with analysts’ sentiment.
In a blog post, he argues that the decision by the United States to embark on infinite QE won’t help in the long-term and it is like “giving more nutrition to a critically ill patient—it won’t work solely.”
“Injecting liquidity to the market via QE infinity is like giving more nutrition to a critically ill patient – it won’t work solely. Even if liquidity is enhanced, factories still won’t be able to resume production and the panic in the market won’t disappear.”
“Instead, the government should implement more proactive measures to control the spread of the coronavirus and support economic activities in order to restore the confidence of the market.”
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long