- Bitcoin saw a 1.6% price surge today that allowed the coin to rise above $9,000 and reach $9,180.
- The cryptocurrency was struggling to close above resistance at $8,950 for the past 6-days of trading.
Bitcoin surged 1.6% today as the cryptocurrency managed to take out the previous resistance at $8,960. The cryptocurrency has failed to close above this resistance over the past 6-days of trading but finally took it out today. However, it is important to note that we must wait for a closing candle above $9,089 to confirm that it has indeed broken above this critical level of resistance.
This breakout was expected as in yesterday’s analysis I stated that it was a matter of ‘when’ and not ‘if’ BTC would break back above $9,000. The BTC Block Halving is just a short 5-days away now in which the incoming supply of BTC will be slashed in half as the block reward will be reduced by 50% from 12.5 BTC per block to just 6.25 BTC per block.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
BTC/USD – Daily CHART – SHORT TERM
Analyzing the daily chart above, we can see that BTC managed to close above the $8,960 resistance level yesterday as it reached the $9,089 level provided by a bearish .786 Fibonacci Retracement level – measured from the February high to the March low.
We now must wait for a closing candle above here to confirm that the bulls are indeed ready to push higher again.
Short term prediction: BULLISH
BTC still remains bullish in the short term and would have to break beneath $8,000 to turn neutral. It would need to close beneath $7,600 before being considered as bearish.
If the buyers continue to push higher, the first level of resistance is located at $9,300. Above this, resistance lies at $9,600 (1.272 Fib Extension), $9,753 (bearish .886 Fib Retracement), and $9,952 (1.414 Fib Extension). This is followed by resistance at $10,000.
Toward the downside, the first level of support lies at $9,000. Beneath this, support is located at $8,950, $8,800, $8,500, and $8,141 (.236 Fib Retracement).
Support: $9,000, $8,950, $8,800, $8,500, $8,400, $8,300, $8,000.
Resistance: $9,090, $9165, $9,300, $9,500, $9,600, and $9,753.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?