Bitcoin (BTC) bounced back from a one-month low this week, regaining a key support level as sentiment improved. But forward trades of the token showed little bullish sentiment, indicating that it may be set for more losses.
BTC jumped nearly 7% from its April lows, and was last trading around $41,000. A bulk of the token’s gains came from big traders accumulating more BTC at cheaper prices.
The token’s wild swings also caused large liquidations in the futures market, particularly in long positions. But the mass liquidations highlighted another factor in BTC positioning- a large portion of traders appeared to be turning cold on the world’s largest cryptocurrency.
BTC funding rates on a decline
Data from blockchain analytics firm Kaiko showed that perpetual futures markets indicated little bullish demand for BTC positioning. In a tweet, the analytics firm noted that funding rates for both BTC and Ethereum (ETH) were continuing their decline from late-2021.
The firm took an average of funding rates from five derivatives exchanges- Binance, Bitmex, Bybit, Derbit, and FTX. Both BTC and ETH saw their funding rates at a two-month low.
Data from coinglass also shows that funding rates for most tokens are largely negative. A negative funding rate implies that traders broadly expect the crypto market to fall.
CME Group futures also indicate declines in the token over the next few months.
Bitcoin set for more more losses?
Technical indicators show that BTC’s current recovery may only be temporary. The token is likely to tumble further after a brief bounce.
Recent analysis showed BTC is potentially playing out an impulse wave pattern, and could rise as high as $45,000 in the near-term. But the end of the pattern is likely to see the token plummet well below $40,000. A loss in BTC is expected to be echoed across the broader crypto market.
Concerns over rising inflation and a hawkish Federal Reserve had pulled the world’s largest cryptocurrency from 2022 highs earlier this month.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?