Reports from China indicate that senior executives of Canaan creatives, one of leading bitcoin miner manufacturer, have been fired. The purge at Hangzhou offices was instigated by Zhang Nan Geng—the founder. Xiangfu Liu, the co-founder, has also reportedly left the board.
Power Struggle At Bitcoin Miner Manufacturer Canaan
The in-fighting–as a Twitter user revealed, stems from the desire for control. This has seen executives of Canaan based in Beijing and Hangzhou clash. Those in Hangzhou appear to be the main casualties as some have been unceremoniously fired by Zhang.
Political fight in another leading ASIC miner Manufacturer Canaan. Beijing office and hangzhou office is fighting over the power,mulitple exacutive in hangzhou office got fired by zhang, also co-founder xiangfu Liu has left the board. https://t.co/3dOHLvO6ez
— Molly (@molllliy) July 9, 2020
Although intricate details explaining the source of the friction remain scarce, a source familiar with the scuffle revealed that there have been power struggles between the two offices.
In June–a source revealed, Zhang and executives from the Beijing office reportedly took the company’s seal and the business license of the Hangzhou office. Zhang then fired senior Canaan executives forcing them to report to the police.
Exclusive news: One day in late June, Zhang Nan Geng and Beijing Canaan executives went to Hangzhou, took away the official seal and business license of Hangzhou company, and removed many managers of Hangzhou Jianan. Employees of Hangzhou Jianan Company report to the police. pic.twitter.com/z3NoD4ZwMc
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) July 9, 2020
Block Beats China reveals that Zhang has 15 percent control of equity and 72 percent in voting rights. Therefore, his power is cross-cutting and absolute. As such he can at any moment fire employees without consulting team members or the board.
Related news also shows that Canaan Creative’s ownership has changed and Tu Songhua, Li Jiaxuan, Sun Qifeng, and Kong Jianping have withdrawn from the board.
Besides, there have been changes to semantics and the Chief Executive title has been changed to the Executive Director. The good news is that the commercial operations of Canaan Creative remain normal.
Earlier reports of power struggle were also reported for another leading bitcoin miner manufacturer Bitmain where the CEO was accused for embezzlement. It is noteworthy to report that majority of Bitcoin miners are based in China and are going through disruptions in operations.
Canaan Bitcoin Miner’s $177 Million Misrepresentation
Already listed at NASDAQ, earlier this year, a report by Marcus Aurelius Value revealed that the company—vying for the top spot and contending with Bitmain, misrepresented its revenue projection for 2020.
It was blasted by the analytics firm, terming the Bitcoin miner manufacturer as “not competitive” due to the low allocation of funds for Research and Development. Given the dominance of Bitmain and inadequate funding, it classified its stock as unsuitable for investment.
Besides, it noted a conflict of interest since one of Canaan Creatives’ angel investor was also a shareholder of a $50 million Hong Kong-based company called Grandshores.
Grandshores, it is alleged, wasn’t in a position to honor its obligation and purchase $177 million worth of Canaan Creative ASIC equipment as earlier stated, thereby explaining the misrepresentation.
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?