- Bitcoin slides beneath $18,000 after rejection at $18,500, hunting a formidable support.
- BTC/USD is supported immensely from the on-chain perspective, but technical analysis highlights the 50 SMA as the initial key anchor.
Bitcoin has retreated considerably from the recently traded new yearly high of $18,502. Buyers had hoped to establish support above $18,000 but were overpowered and forced to seek refuge at lower levels.
At the time of writing, the flagship cryptocurrency is trading at $17,735 amid a renewed bearish momentum. The most vital support seems to be the buyer congestion at $17,500. Therefore, holding above this zone is critical for the bulls, as it will allow them to focus on the return journey above $18,000. Besides that, the support may also prevent potential losses below $17,000.
The general trend is still bullish based on the simple moving averages on the 4-hour chart. The 50 SMA appears to be expanding the gap above the 100 SMA. Similarly, the gap between the 100 SMA and 200 SMA is also widening.
However, it is essential to note that selling orders may surge mainly due to panic of Bitcoin slips under the initial support at $17,500. The bulls will do their best to hold the flagship cryptocurrency above $17,000, but the next critical support has the ground at the 50 SMA. On the other hand, extended break down may seek anchorage at the 100 SMA and 200 SMA.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
It is worth noting that the bearish outlook may be invalidated if the bullish picture printed my IntoTheBlock’s IOMAP remains intact. The model reveals the absence of robust resistance ahead of BTC. It means that, if Bitcoin holds above the prevailing support between $17,205 and $17,727, a rally might ensure pulling the price above the subtle hurdle at $18,500.
On the flipside, immense support exists to hold Bitcoin in place and ensure downward price action is mitigated. Besides, the picture seeming bullish from the on-chain perspective, it is vital to be aware that sliding under the initial support might open the door for declines to $16,500 (50 SMA).
Spot rate: $17,800
Relative Change: 25
Percentage change: 0.2%
Trend: Shor-term bullish bias
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?