- Bitcoin price correlation with the traditional markets early start is worrying.
- Bitcoin price recovery is likely to continue stalling under $6,000 as it is not fundamentally ready for a rally.
Bitcoin price correlation with the stock market is astonishing. Moreover, it has started sooner than it was expected. Many in the cryptocurrency market have been shocked by Bitcoin’s over 40% crash in the last week. The crash was so great that comeback signs were non-existent. Moreover, Bitcoin’s fundamental on-chain metrics have undergone major drastic changes in this period as well.
Bitcoin’s volatility index, for instance, overshadowed levels in January and February when the price rallied to $10,500 from around $7,000. Discussions surrounding Bitcoin correlation with S&P 500 have taken center stage across the industry but a report by Kraken suggests that this correlation has been growing since the beginning of the year but has made rapid movements in the last seven days.
At the moment, fundamentals for a rally remain drab because investors are still skeptical regarding Bitcoin’s stability. Besides, volatility remains high and the fear surrounding the Coronavirus continues to create panic in both the traditional and digital markets.
Bitcoin Price Technical Analysis
The correlation between Bitcoin and the stocks linked to the American economy is alarming and worrying. Therefore, we have to look at the technical aspect of Bitcoin and whether a recovery to $7,000 in the coming weeks is a possibility.
BTC/USD 1-hour chart
The hourly, chart clearly shows that buyers are in control especially with the price above the moving averages. The 50 SMA at $5,166 and the 100 SMA at $5,261 are now in line to offer support if the price reverses from levels above $5,400. The RSI has been forming a higher high pattern since the recovery from levels under $4,000. Stability is likely to take precedence if the RSI stays above 50. If Bitcoin bulls manage to retake the support at $6,000, the move could boost the price towards $7,000. However, BTC/USD is not fundamentally ready for a rally and the range between $5,000 and $6,000 could stay in place for a short while.
BTC/USD Key Levels
Spot rate: $5,406
Percentage change: 1.30%
Relative change: 64
Trend: Short term bullish bias
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000