- Bitcoin price slides under $6,000 and continues to explore levels towards $5,500.
- BTC/USD technical picture is positive but not strong enough to support gains above $6,000.
Bitcoin price narrowed towards $6,000 over the weekend session as discussed in the price analysis on Friday. The prediction that the price could hit lows at $5,500 did not materialize. However, there was a significant drop from levels close to $7,000 to those under $6,000. BTC/USD must hold above the short term support at $5,850. If losses extended under this zone, the next anchor zone is $5,700 (a former buyer congestion zone).
According to the data provided by Alternative.me, the crypto fear & and greed index is at 12 (the extreme fear zone), slightly above the previous day’s 8. The index suggests that traders are still skeptical of the stability in the market amid the ongoing struggle to keep the Coronavirus outbreak in check. Investors are also unbothered by the approaching Bitcoin reward halving event.
Bitcoin Price Technical Picture
At the time of writing, Bitcoin price can barely hold above $6,000 although it is exchanging hands at $5,998. The correction from levels close to $7,000 overran the bearish flag pattern support, opening the Pandora box. BTC/USD remains vulnerable to further declines eyeing $5,000 especially if $5,800 short term support gives in. Consequently, the gap between the 100 SMA and the 50 SMA in the 4-hour range continues to widen suggesting that sellers could remain in the driver seat longer than expected.
According to the RSI, buying pressure is present but not enough to sustain a steady momentum above $6,000. For now, the concentration must be channeled to defending $5,800 and pulling Bitcoin above the broken support at $6,200.
Bitcoin Key Levels
Spot rate: $5,998
Relative change: 114
Percentage change: 1.95%
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?