Executive vice-chairman of China’s biggest online retail platform Alibaba, Joe Tsai took Twitter by storm earlier today when he tweeted “I like crypto.” What made it even more prominent is the fact that China has taken a no-nonsense policy against crypto banning all forms of crypto mining and declaring crypto transactions as illegal.
I like crypto
— Joe Tsai (@joetsai1999) December 28, 2021
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao was quick to notice the tweet and responded with “I like Joe.” While the Chinese government has banned crypto more than a dozen times, but Chinese crypto traders often find a way to bypass the ban. Even after an all-out ban on foreign exchanges, many Chinese crypto traders turned to Defi to sweep under the radar of government surveillance.
I like Joe https://t.co/axjaRtPoe3
— CZ 🔶 Binance (@cz_binance) December 28, 2021
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have got very popular among Chinese artists and businesses despite a looming uncertainty from the government. Recently, Baidu, the Chinese equivalent of Google filed for NFT patents despite a recent warning issued by the state media outlet.
How will Alibaba’s vice-chairman’s comment play out?
It is not new for Chinese tech giants to show interest in emerging technologies unless and until they are warned by the state authorities. Last year, a press release from Alibaba group hinted at possible crypto payment integration leading to worldwide media attention, but the firm had to later retract the comments and said they won’t be adding any foreign crypto option until the government’s approval. China has made it clear that anything apart from its CBDC would be deemed illegal for use.
Alibaba’s former executive Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and founder Jack Ma was also at the center of media attention around the world after he suddenly vanished from the public eye reportedly after criticizing the government over its policies. Thus it is to be seen how the recent comments on crypto by the executive vice-chairman play out.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?