Binance crypto exchange announced the termination of key crypto derivatives offerings in South Africa earlier today. The world’s leading crypto exchange said the discontinuation of certain products and services in the region to comply with the local regulations. The crypto derivatives services that have been terminated with immediate effect include Futures, Options, Margin trading, and leveraged tokens. \
The crypto exchange notified that existing users would have 90 days to close their open positions but won’t be able to put any new positions. The official announcement said,
“Users will have 90 days to reduce and close their positions for these products. Users will be able to top-up margin balances to prevent margin calls and liquidations, but they will not be able to increase or open new positions. Users will no longer be able to manually reduce or close their positions after 6th January 2022 11:59 PM (UTC). Thereafter all remaining open positions will be closed.”
This would be the fourth such announcement made by the crypto exchange related to its crypto derivatives offerings across the world. The exchange first shut its derivatives offerings across Europe, followed by Australia, Hong Kong, and now South Africa.
Binance Eyes Ireland For its New Headquarters
Amid a series of announcements to mend its ways with regulators across the world, the world’s top crypto exchange by trading volume is also looking to establish a centralized headquarters as part of its regulatory overhaul plans. Recently, the exchange CEO Changpeng Zhao revealed that Ireland could also become a destination for Binance. The speculations went rife after Binance registered three firms in the country in recent times.
“Historically, we claim that we don’t have headquarters. We are actually just in the process of establishing a few headquarters in different parts of the world,” CZ said.
Binance had maintained until now that they want to be truly decentralized and thus they have no plans of physical headquarters. However, the recent slew of regulatory warnings issued by nearly a dozen countries against the crypto exchange has forced them to settle for a centralized headquarters.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?