Coinbase ($COIN), one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges with over 50 million registered users has announced its first private debt offering in the form of the company’s Senior Note Offerings worth $1.5 billion. The funds raised from the offerings would be utilized towards general corporate purpose and product development.
Coinbase Announces Proposed Private Offering of $1.5 Billion of Senior Notes for General Corporate Purposes Including Product Development and Potential M&A$COIN
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) September 13, 2021
The private senior note offering contracts are due for 2028 and 2031 and they will be fully and unconditionally backed by Coinbase Inc. The interest rate, redemption provisions, and other terms of the contracts would be determined after negotiations with early buyers.
The exchange in its official blog said,
“This capital raise represents an opportunity to bolster our already strong balance sheet with low-cost capital. Coinbase intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, which may include continued investments in product development, as well as potential investments in or acquisitions of other companies, products, or technologies that Coinbase may identify in the future. The closing of the offering is subject to market and other conditions.”
The crypto exchange that went public on Nasdaq in April this year with one of the highest valuations at the time of public debut. The firm is currently working towards expanding its range of products and services while venturing into new markets. The crypto exchange was authorized by Japanese regulators to offer its services in Japan, and later the crypto exchange also managed to become the first company to gain Bafin approval for crypto custody services in Germany.
Coinbase Gears Up for SEC Challenge
The announcement about the private debt offerings by Coinbase comes just days after it revealed that SEC has threatened to sue the company over its unreleased USDC stablecoin lending services that the regulatory body deemed as a security. The Exchange CEO Brian Armstrong slammed the SEC for its non-clarity and threats and maintained it would continue to work towards offering the best crypto services to consumers.
1/ Some really sketchy behavior coming out of the SEC recently.
— Brian Armstrong (@brian_armstrong) September 8, 2021
The SEC saga is being seen as a roadblock in Coinbase’s phenomenal progress over the years, and it could also open the security debate again which is already ongoing with the Ripple lawsuit.
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?