The Securities and Exchange Commission of the US has delayed the VanEck Bitcoin ETF proposal until June. SEC usually takes upto 45 days to decide on the proposed filing from the day of registration. The 45-day window for the VanEck proposal ends on May 3.
The official filing read,
“The Commission finds that it is appropriate to designate a longer period within which to take action on the proposed rule change so that it has sufficient time to consider the proposed rule change and the comments received,”
There are a total of 8 Bitcoin ETF applications pending before the SEC this season waiting for approval. Before the current filing spree, the US SEC had to reject every Bitcoin ETF application that came in after the 2017 bull season. The regulatory body had cited a small market cap along with market volatility of Bitcoin as key reasons behind the rejection, however, this bull season as the Wall Street giants increasingly gain Bitcoin exposure and the BTC market cap has reached $1 trillion, the hopes for a Bitcoin ETF approval has increased.
Would Success of Purpose Bitcoin ETF and Gary Gensler’s Appointment Make Way for First Regulated Bitcoin ETF in the US?
The US currently has a few Bitcoin funds that institutional players invest in as well as ETFs that track the price of Bitcoin via their investment in companies like MicroStrategy and Tesla who hold Bitcoin on their balance sheet. However, there is no regulated ETF holding Bitcoin directly in the US.
The appointment of Gary Gensler as the new SEC head has also got everyone’s hopes high primarily because of his crypto background and understanding of the subject. The North American Bitcoin ETF by the Purpose group has also proven to be a great hit indicating a great demand for such a product and can influence the approval of the first Bitcoin ETF in the US.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE