Nigel Farage, the leader of the Brexit Party who has been in the news for protesting government lockdowns in the UK is the latest politician celebrity to bat for bitcoin. Farage also writes a newsletter to his subscribers called “Fortune & Freedom” published by Southbank Investment Research Limited. In his latest edition of the newsletter, Farage has called bitcoin the “ultimate anti-lockdown investment.”
Bitcoin over the past month has seen its price soar by more than $6,000 taking it to near its all-time-high price of $20,000. The top cryptocurrency has catapulted to mainstream media attention because of its price rally and being endorsed by mainstream financial pundits. Many believe that the institutional FOMO is carrying the ongoing bull run and a new ATH is not far away.
The Brexit Party leader also appeared in an interview on Friday with Southbank Investment Research editor Sam Volkering. During the interview Farage when asked about his recent newsletter revealed that he been a little late to the bitcoin party, however, it would not have come as a big surprise since everyone is talking about the top digital currency.
“It’s the subject everyone’s talking about — no they really are! From the poorest to the richest in the land, one of the conversations that are going on is about cryptocurrency. The reason is all too obvious: it’s that government’s are, through this pandemic, creating vast amounts of funny money, debasing currencies, and people are scared about what this means for their money, their investments . . . ”
Farage later also explained that he is no expert on the subject but looking around the kind of people discussing it for sure is going to play an important role in the future. He added,
“I must admit I’ve been a bit lazy on it, but I thought: ‘well I’ve got to really educate myself’, so I got hold of a copy of this Crypto Revolution, published by Southbank, and I read it and I read it, and I’ve been studying and talking about crypto a lot more in the last few months . . . I can’t sit here and tell you that I’m an expert. There is a lot to learn but is it important. Actually, I think it could be crucially important that you get your minds around crypto, and what it means. Already fortunes have been made and lost on this!”
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?