Oracle service provider Chainlink (LINK) has been under severe pressure with the altcoin market correction over the last month. The LINK cryptocurrency has corrected more than 60% now from its all-time high of $50 on May 10, 2021.
As a result, LINK has slipped multiple ranks from the top ten cryptos to now being the 15th ranked cryptocurrency in the market. This comes amid the declining address activity and declining network growth.
On-chain data provider Santiment reports a significant drop in the number of new LINK addresses created on the network which ultimately denotes the drop in user adoption as Chainlink loses traction.
Santiment report shows that the Chainlink network growth has dropped to levels last seen in October 2021. “Less and less addresses were interacting with LINK for the first time. This doesn’t look like a great sign,” it notes. Besides, with the October 2020 bottom, there was a bullish divergence as the LINK price continued to surge while the network growth remained stagnant.
The Sharp Fall in LINK Active Addresses
In terms of the average active addresses, the LINK price has also tanked significantly. Since April 2021, the LINK active addresses have tanked by more than 50%. Now, only 5K addresses are active on a daily basis in comparison to 13K active addresses in April.
Amid the broader market this week, the exchange inflows for LINK also shot up significantly as the cryptocurrency was subjected to panic selling. Besides, there was a big drop in the Chainlink Network Prfot Loss Indicator. As Santiment reports:
“A big drop in NPL detected on Thursday. That should mean the average loss of LINK tokens moved this day is significantly higher than usual. A significant loss combined with Exchange Inflow spikes could indicate crowd fear, it’s good for price”.
At press time, LINK is trading 5.22% up at a price of $18.88 with a market cap of $8.1 billion.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?