- India has witnessed massive growth in cryptocurrency investments in the last year
- The country has seen a rise from $200 million to over $40 billion worth of investments in digital currency
- Bitcoin (BTC) holdings are being viewed as digital gold by the citizens
India’s Cryptocurrency Investment Surge
Despite strict regulatory measures looming over the digital currency adoption in India, investors have managed to escalate holdings in the crypto market by leaps and bounds.
As per a report published by Chainalysis, Indian investors have driven a 19,900% increase in cryptocurrency investments, taking the total holdings from somewhere around $200 million to over $40 billion in the last year.
This development has taken place amidst strong opposition from the central bank over the introduction of digital currency in India’s financial market. Along with this, a proposed ban on trading cryptocurrency is also a threat to investors in the nation.
The market trend in crypto investments took an upturn during the middle of 2020, before advancing into a parabolic curve. The latter was a consequence of new heights reached in terms of ATHs (All Time High’s) by various prominent digital coins by the end of the fourth quarter. The shift in the market trends correlated with India’s Supreme Court ruling to end the prohibition on working relationships between the banking sector and digital currency platforms in March 2020.
Cryptocurrency : The Digital Gold
According to Sandeep Goenka, the founder of crypto exchange platform Zebpay, increased interest in Bitcoin and Altcoins has been shown by individuals between the ages of 18 to 35. Additionally, a preference toward digital currency over gold was also strongly observed.
This inclination toward investing in digital coins can be attributed to the highly simple process of going online and purchasing crypto, without having to verify. It is also fairly transparent, and the possibility of higher returns within shorter periods of time is a definite factor in attracting investors. On the other hand, the procedure of buying and investing in gold is a more complicated one.
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why