Ethereum is taking over the second layer implementation of Bitcoin [BTC] leaving Liquid and Lightning Network behind.
Liquid’s L-BTC and Ethereum’s wBTC works on similar principles of issuing an extension of Bitcoin as a separate token. While Liquid claims to lock the tokens on-chain, wBTC is stored at Bitgo Trust.
Reportedly, the Liquid Network Federation added with 8 new members, bringing the total to 53. The members include leading crypto exchanges and other services providers and digital asset management firms.
Lightning Network is a proposed P2P web of channels built using the SegWit addresses. Despite the push by Bitcoin OGs and its’ earlier launch, lightning is lagging far behind Liquid and Ethereum. The development of DEX and other decentralization on Ethereum is also adopting the interoperable Bitcoin faster as well.
Josh Stark, a crypto entrepreneur noted,
there are now 20,048 BTC on @ethereum
that is: ~20x the total BTC on @lightning
~8x the total BTC on @Blockstream‘s Liquid
The transaction fee on Bitcoin and Ethereum has risen exponentially on Ethereum and is reaching the highs from mining on Bitcoin as well. This difference rise in transaction fees is the prime motivation for a shift to other lightning or liquid. However, the adoption of Ethereum dApps is far greater than any other smart contract platform.
The increase in wBTC is positive for the Store of Value (SoV) characteristics of Bitcoin. Moreover, Ethereum grew significantly this year with the on-boarding of Tether on its platform. The chart below shows that the transfer value (in USD) via Bitcoin is equivalent to the USDT transfers on Ethereum.
The increasing number of Bitcoins presents another use-case for Ethereum as a base layer of computation.
Do you think SoV is more important and on-chain usage? Please share your views with us.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio