The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency continues its massive journey adding another 7% gains today. A few moments back, Ethereum (ETH) hit its new all-time high of $3800 with its market cap going to $440 billion.
With this, ETH has extended its market dominance to more than 18% while pushing Bitcoin (BTC) dominance under 45%. The Ethereum price rally comes amid a rapid surge in institutional interest. CryptoQuant CEO Ki-Young Ju mentioned that the Coinbase premium for Ethereum is very high.
The Ethereum Coinbase Premium is the gap between the ETH price on Coinbase Pro and Binance indicating a strong spot buying pressure on Coinbase from institutional players.
Still an insane $ETH Coinbase premium.
— Ki Young Ju 주기영 (@ki_young_ju) May 8, 2021
Since institutional buying in ETH has spiked, the ETH supply at the exchanges has been on a declining trend since last August. Below is the graph showing the rising ETH price against the falling exchange supply over the last three months. The total ETH supply at all exchanges has dropped to 18.78 million.
Big players from the financial markets are also jumping to get a slice of the emerging Ethereum popularity. Earlier today, CoinGape reported that VanEck has filed for the first-ever U.S. Ether ETF.
Earlier this week on Tuesday, the CME Ether Futures topped $1 billion showing strong institutional interest. Besides, the ETH Futures aggregated volume has also topped $10 billion for the very first time.
— Open4crypto (@open4crypto) May 8, 2021
Ethereum EIP-1559 Launch to Further Reduce ETH Circulating Supply
It looks like the Ethereum rally won’t be stopping anytime soon! The Ethereum network is all set for a major upgrade with the London hardfork scheduled this year in July. As part of this upgrade, the network will unveil the Ethereum Improvement Protocol (EIP) 1559. As data analytics platform CoinMetrics reported:
“EIP-1559 is set for release in July as part of Ethereum’s London hard fork. In addition to improving ETH gas UX, EIP-1559 will burn a portion of ETH transaction fees. This will permanently remove a portion of supply from circulation and decrease the daily net issuance of ETH.”
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?