- Ethereum rebounds above $500 but struggles with the uptrend to the 50 SMA and $600, respectively.
- ETH/USD has to close the day above the 100 SMA and perhaps rise above the 50 SMA to sustain the uptrend.
The cryptocurrency market plummeted massively on Thursday. Bitcoin’s fall to $16,350 was attributed to investors cashing out from OKEx cryptocurrency exchange after withdrawal services resumed. Over $50 million in BTC is reported to have left the exchange, adding pressure to the selloff.
Ethereum flashed dropped after losing the support at the ascending parallel channel’s lower boundary. The bearish leg extended under the 50 Simple Moving Average on the 4-hour chart. The declines stretched under $500 as well as the 50 SMA. Intriguingly, support at $480 remained intact, helping the bulls to find balance ahead of reversal.
ETH/USD 4-hour chart
At the time of writing, the smart contract giant has recovered above $500 while eyeing the 50 SMA at $540. On the downside, the 100 SMA provides ETH with immediate support.
The Relative Strength Index seems to have validated the uptrend after bouncing the oversold area. Closing the day above the 50 SMA would hint at a progressing uptrend towards $600.
On the downside, it worth noting that the bullish outlook will be invalidated if Ethereum slides under the 100 SMA. If sell orders increase mainly due to panic from investors rushing to take profits, ETH could dive under $500.
The support at $480 is expected to come in handy. However, in the event, the headwinds intensify, ETH/USD is likely to fall to the 200 SMA in the 4-hour timeframe.
Ethereum intraday levels
Spot rate: $521
Relative change: -47
Percentage change: -8.4%
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?