Ethereum (ETH) has just recorded its lowest transaction or gas fee in 6 months. As with Bitcoin (BTC) and other digital assets, Ethereum has witnessed a massive plunge in price and capitalization since it attained its ATH price of $4,362.35 back in May. From this ATH, the cryptocurrency is now trading at $1,828.69, up 3.87% in the past 24 hours at the time of writing.
The ongoing clampdown of all crypto-related activities in China, including mining and trading of digital assets, has also largely affected Ethereum price. All of these negative fundamentals have perhaps helped veer off the engagements of the Ethereum blockchain users, resulting in a decline in the gas fee.
The Gas Fee: Trailing the On-Chain Data History
Ethereum is known as a highly congested blockchain with a hoard of decentralized finance (DeFi) smart contracts and DApps making it their home. As the DeFi ecosystem gained more prominence through platforms like Uniswap, and Aave amongst others built atop the Ethereum network, miner’s activities increased, with more transaction fees the avenue to reward them for validating transactions.
According to data from Bitinfocharts, the Ethereum gas fee which rose to an ATH of $69.922 on May 12, 2021, is now currently pegged at $2.312. Based on the nature of activity on the Ethereum blockchain, the average gas fee is often fluctuating from high and lows, with the volatility being more pronounced from January 2021.
The average transaction fee at the beginning of the year was $3.364, a figure that rose to $38.2 as of February 23. A notable spike was recorded afterward before the gas fees peaked at the ATH. Though the fees are at their lowest for the year, the level may be tilted either positively or negatively, depending on transaction dynamics in the network.
Declining Fees is Supposed to be Good for Price, But is it?
There is a great correlation between network activity and the impact on the price of Ether, as well as the accompanying transaction fee. The currently reduced fee is an indication of low adoption or interest in the various applications built atop the blockchain.
The trading volume of Ethereum is also seeing a reduced activity, a figure that dropped 15.46% to $18,395,407,934.91, according to CoinMarketCap.
A resuscitation of trading volume will show investors, traders, and buyers, in general, are actively using the blockchain. A return to the boosted network activity may revert the fees to their new highs, however, prices may also shoot up. In general, the reduced transaction fee is a positive one for users transacting on the network now as they get to pay lower, however, for its connection with price suppression, it may be seen by many as a “not-too-good” influence.
The declining Ethereum gas fee can thus be seen as a trend that does not necessarily depict network health, however, this depends on the angle it is being viewed from.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long