Mike Novogratz, the CEO of crypto custody service provider Galaxy Digital appeared on CNBC to talk about recent market correction and suggested the price fall was nothing extraordinary, and when the markets get ahead of themselves, correction is a natural phenomenon. He even compared the recent correction to “tax day,” saying a lot of people made a lot of money during these bull markets and yesterday fall was trading paying their taxes for the gains they made over the past month.
"Markets get ahead of themselves, they correct. This is natural in markets. We had tax day yesterday. A lot of people made a lot of money in crypto and had to pay tax," says @Novogratz on #bitcoin falling 22% since SNL appearance. pic.twitter.com/b2k3bFKOU4
— Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) May 18, 2021
Crypto markets experienced a flash crash yesterday where Bitcoin fell to a 3-month low and most of the altcoins fell to their monthly lows. The price correction was attributed to a number of factors including Elon Musk’s threat to sell the remaining Bitcoin holding by Tesla and go, all-in Doge. Other factors such as growing exchange inflows and the rising funding rates were also considered as a bearish trap in the short term.
Crypto Market Bounce Back as Polygon(Matic) Records New ATH, Other Altcoins Surge As Well
The crypto market rebounded to neutralize yesterday’s losses where BTC solidified its position above $45,000 while many altcoins recorded new monthly highs. The biggest gainers among altcoins turned out to be Ethereum L2 solution Polygon formerly known as Matic as it touched a new ATH above $2 and surged by over 35% despite bearish sentiments prevailing in the market. Ripple’s XRP also rose to a new monthly high of $1.68 with a 10% surge.
Other altcoins that recorded over 10% surges include Stellar (XLM), AAVE, and Sushi. Bitcoin on the other hand has lost over 35% of its gains since the last ATH of $64,863, the biggest correction this bull season. However, crypto analysts have suggested that a market correction of 40% is anticipated in a bull market and 2017’s bull run saw several drops of over 30%.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long