While Bitcoin (BTC) has been trading currently in downward pressure of around $36,250, institutions and whales have started accumulating once again. The Bitcoin (BTC) price is down by more than 10% over the last week, and Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) has entered a buying spree once again.
Over the last three days, Grayscale has accumulated nearly 10,000 Bitcoins for its Bitcoin Trust. 50% of the total purchase comes just in the last 24-hours as GBTC pours another $190 million into Bitcoins. In the last three days since January 14, the total assets under management (AUM) for the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) have jumped by $3 billion to $22.9 billion in total.
— Bloqport (@Bloqport) January 16, 2021
Since Grayscale is acquiring nearly six times the new BTC entering the ecosystem, we can possibly enter another Bitcoin supply shortage. The New York-based investment firm has registered a staggering 900% growth for its GBTC in the last year of 2020. Grayscale’s newly appointed CEO Michael Sonnenshein recently said that they have been seeing massive interest from pension funds and endowments. Speaking to CNBC, he added:
“We saw a meaningful acceleration of institutional participation. There’s no longer professional risk of investing in the digital currency asset class — there’s probably more career risk in not paying attention to it.”
Bitcoin (BTC) – A Strong Inflation Hedge Against Massive Money Printing
Sonnenschein said that many professional investors see it as an alternative to traditional gold as well as a hedge against “perpetual money printing” by central banks and government stimulus. Only recently, President-elect Joe Biden proposed another $1.9 trillion stimulus package to fight the economic havoc caused by COVID -19.
Besides, the democratic government is preparing for yet another package in February to boost economic growth. The stimulus packages and central bank money printing over the last year have fueled the stock market as well as the crypto market. Economists and market analysts are thus predicting massive inflation in the foreseeable future. As a result, investors are now interested in another alternative to Gold that is more liquid. Sonnenshein said:
“The most prevalent theme for investment conviction in bitcoin is coming from a rotation out of gold. Investors are also anecdotally sharing that that’s where, and how they’re making room for bitcoin in their portfolios.”
During the popular crypto podcast interview at The Scoop, NYDIG chief executive Robert Gutmann said:
“100 out of 100 of the last conversations I’ve had with investors seriously looking to allocate, let’s say over 50 million dollars, 100% of those conversations have been about Bitcoin and 0% of them have been about any other crypto asset”.
Interestingly, Bitcoin whales have also been accumulating in recent times. As per data by Glassnode, the total addresses with over 1K BTC has reached an all-time high.
Previous ATH of 2,424 was observed earlier today
— glassnode alerts (@glassnodealerts) January 16, 2021
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?