Chainlink’s native token LINK has been one of the hottest crypto assets this year but that has not helped it escape this week’s big selloff.
Crypto asset markets have dumped $35 billion in terms of total capitalization since the weekend and the sell-off looks set to continue as Bitcoin and its brethren weaken.
A number of crypto assets are retreating from their all-time highs this year and investors are looking for entry points. Chainlink is among them as one of the year’s best performing crypto assets cools off quicker than some of its competitors.
LINK Marines Loading Up
LINK prices have collapsed to their lowest levels for almost two months in a fall back to $7.30 according to Tradingview.com.
There has been a minor recovery today as the token topped $8 again, but it is still massively down from its all-time high in mid-August. Back then the Chainlink token briefly touched $20 but it has been a downward slide ever since resulting in a 60% slump to current levels.
This price zone serves as solid support, however, there may be another dip to the 200 day moving average which lies around the $6.60 level.
Crypto investors have been eyeing the charts and are loading up on LINK which could drive prices back up in the short term. Trader and analyst going by the twitter handle ‘RNB (Crypto Warrior)’ (@CryptoWarrior01), has seen the same chart predicting a bounce back to $10 or $12.
— RNB (Crypto Warrior) (@CryptoWarrior01) September 23, 2020
The sentiment has been echoed by fellow trader ‘MacroLINK’ (@MacroCRG), who has also admitted to becoming a ‘LINK Marine’ and entering at these levels.
Picked up a long term bag of $LINK here.
I will hold this forever.
I am now a fully fledged Link Marine. pic.twitter.com/VlDx2zyeUN
— MacroLINK???? (@MacroCRG) September 23, 2020
Further downsides are expected though if markets continue to bleed as they have done for most of this week. Chainlink’s market capitalization is currently just over $3 billion which puts it ahead of Crypto.com but just below Binance Coin according to Coingecko.
Crypto Market Selloff Accelerates
LINK has not been the only token to suffer, however, it has been in a downtrend for around six weeks.
Bitcoin, which is largely the bellwether for the rest of the market, is holding crucial support just below $10,300 at the time of writing. Failure to hold here will see the asset tumble back into four figures pretty quickly.
Ethereum is also in pain, falling to its lowest level for three weeks and crucial support at $325. Many of the lower cap altcoins, especially the DeFi related ones have dumped 50% since their giddy peaks in recent weeks.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?