According to an announcement made by Las Vegas-based firm Marathon Digital on Thursday, the firm may have just revealed its plans to purchase the largest ever single order of Antminer S19 XP Bitcoin miners from Bitmain.
Although the Nasdaq-traded MARA did not include the exact amount of Antminer it will be purchasing, but in terms of exahashes per second, as the announcement says, this is a record number of Antmimer S19 XP being purchased at once.
Recall that the company had made some purchases earlier in the year as well, however with this new purchase, Marathon hopes that by 2023, it will have about 199,000 operational miners to its name, generating no less than 23.3 EH/s. That’s a huge 600% increase in hashrate from what it is at this present moment.
The new (seemingly revised) projection follows after earlier reports about Marathon expecting to have at least 133,000 operational miners that would be generating 13.3 EH/s by the middle of next year. 22.
Meanwhile, just at the beginning of December, Marathon had only 31,000 operational miners, producing 3.2 EH/s.
Marathon Digital Shares Up Nearly 12%
At press time, Marathon Digital shares (MARA) were up 11.78% in Thursday trading.
When it comes to purchasing miners, Marathon has made quite a number of those this year. Also, in October, the firm secured another $100 million — in Bitcoin and U.S dollars cash, credit funding from Silvergate Bank. As expected, the miner also said that the loan would be automatically used for funding bitcoin mining operations and to get newer equipment.
According to a statement released by the CEO of Marathon Fred Thiel, the company was able to place this record-breaking single order,
“Given the strength of our balance sheet and our asset-light model.”
Thiel strongly believes that this strength is what has encouraged his firm to invest so much capital into mining machines instead of infrastructure.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?