Polygon (MATIC) price looks exhausted after rallying 60% from the January lows. The price bounced back after testing the lows on January 24 since then, MATIC has been in the continuous upside momentum and is now slamming at the upper trend line of the downside channel.
- Polygon price trades lower on Thursday inside the downward channel.
- The price face short-term resistance at $2.10, expect more downside below this level.
- A decisive close above the mentioned level could reverse the current trend.
As of printing, MATIC/USD is trading at $1.98, down 3.38% for the day. The current market cap of polygon stands at $14,875,151,119 as per the CoinMarketCap.
MATIC price took a breather at the current level
On the daily chart, Polygon (MATIC) price consolidated near the $1.50 demand zone, which has been utilized by the investors to engage in the current leg up. MATIC has depreciated nearly 55% from the highs made in November at $2.92.
MATIC has been trading in the downtrend channel with the lower high and lower low formation. Bulls have been rejected three times near the upper trend line of the mentioned channel. Investors loose their patience every time approached the higher levels and pulled their funds to book profits.
The price has been struggling below the 50-day SMA (Simple Moving Average) at $2.07.
Looking at the previous price action there is a higher probability that MATIC would take a U-turn from the current level and would retreat toward the $1.50 significant level.
A breakthrough of this foothold would invite more sellers toward the $1.20 level. This would be the continuation of the lower high and lower low formation, a classic downside pattern.
On the flip side, the Bulls engaged in continuous efforts to push above the bearish sloping line. An acceptance above the 50-day SMA would bring the buyers back into the limelight with the first upside target of $2.20.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) reads at 50 with a bearish bias.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) still trades below the midline.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?