Well known crypto exchange, OKEx which was recently accused of wash trading and reporting fake trading volumes has now been ranked 1st in a supposed “Top Futures Exchange By Trading Volume” rankings seen on platforms like Coingecko and Bloomberg.
OKEx Comes First On Bloomberg’s Futures Exchange List
According to the Bloomberg list tagged “cryptocurrency league table” which ranked Futures crypto exchanges according to an increasing order of their respective trading volumes, OKEx was placed in the first place with a corresponding daily trading volume of $2.8 billion.
The list immediately placed BitMEX behind OKEx with a daily trading volume of $2.6 billion while Huobi DM falls in third place, recording a daily trading volume of $2.3 billion. Behind Huobi DM was Bybit with an estimated $953 million of daily trading volume in the fourth rank while CoinFlex, which recently announced physical delivery of Libra futures was in the fifth position with a recorded trading volume of $485 million.
Thank you for featuring us as the top futures exchange and we will continue building the industry. pic.twitter.com/PcjFf985Gd
— OKEx (@OKEx) October 8, 2019
OKEx Recently Featured In A Fake Volume Saga
The news comes following a fake volume allegation made by Blockchain Transparency Institute (BTI) in which OKEx, alongside other exchanges, was highly implicated. At the time, OKEx was said to be among exchanges with over 99.7% of their volume made up by wash trading. OKEx’s Head of Operations Andy Cheung has denied the allegations and condemned the report on Twitter.
In a later report by BTI which revealed how fake volume report on OKEx had greatly improved within a matter of days, OKEx COO, Andy Cheung, maintained that his crypto exchange platform, Okex, was not involved in and does not tolerate any trading behaviors relating to wash trading from customers. He, therefore, demanded an apology from BTI to resolve the issue.
— Andy Cheung (OKEx) (@AndyC0125) September 23, 2019
Recent Developments At OKEx
According to a recent report by Coingape, OKEx in its desire to make crypto exchanges self-regulated, revealed its plans of forming a “Self-Regulated Organization” (SRO). According to plans, the organization will be responsible for standardizing exchange practices and policies. The Chief Operation Officer of OKEx said,
“Cryptocurrencies are global and decentralized, and the industry remains nascent, thus regulations by jurisdiction are not enough,” said Andy Cheung, Head of Operations for OKEx. “The only way for exchanges to grow and deliver impact is by joining together to develop practices and policies that will set a global standard and adapt to regional regulatory frameworks.”
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?