Terra community the Terra Builders Alliance on Friday made a new proposal to protect developers and users as the blockchain collapsed.
The proposal, called the ‘LUNA Go Forward Proposal’ calls for the minting and distribution of new LUNA to holders, stakers, and developers to save them from the impact of the crisis.
Terra community Proposes LUNA Distribution To Developers and Holders
The Terra Builders Alliance on Friday has considered 9th May at 15:00 UTC as the timeline based on which new LUNA will be distributed. Under the plan, 40% will be distributed to LUNA stakers, another 40% will be distributed to UST holders at the time of the new network launch.
Additionally, 10% will be distributed to marginal LUNA holders between the attack and the halt of Terra, and 10% will be distributed to developers of the ecosystem which comprises Dapps, service providers, infrastructure providers, etc.
Terra Builders Alliance has created a Twitter account to collectively work with the community and developers to determine the best way forward. A Discord account is also opened for community members to join and discuss problems and solutions.
“Once the UST has been swapped with Luna at the new network launch, it will cease to exist in its current form and will be relaunched after genesis in collateralized form.”
It also proposes to halt the blockchain validation first in order to discuss the distribution of the new token during the Terra blockchain halt. In fact, the Terra blockchain was halted twice in the last 12 hours.
The proposal appears to be gaining some traction on the Terra forums. But it remains to be seen whether Terra’s lead developers will consider it.
LUNA and UST Dive Further
The LUNA price has fallen 99.98% to $0.000059 at the time of writing. The market cap has fallen immensely as the token now ranks 222 on CoinMarketCap. Whereas, UST after losing its peg to the US dollar now trading at $0.18.
The Terraform Labs and the developers are still working on the solutions. Recently, emergency measures were announced to recover the DeFi token price and UST. The company is also in discussion with investors and firms to raise capital and re-establish the UST-USD peg.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?