While several trends in the past have evidently pointed out that the price of altcoins is heavily influenced by the price movement of Bitcoin, the latest data says otherwise. This week was eventful for altcoins as the price of almost every coin had witnessed a significant surge.
The Big Altcoin Price Rally
Satoshi Nakamoto went ahead and gave the world its first-ever cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. This coin further paved the way for the launch of many other coins. Today there are more than a thousand cryptocurrencies excluding Bitcoin. These crypto-assets are identified as an alternative to Bitcoin popularly known as altcoins.
Out of the numerous altcoins that recorded significant price change, here’s a list highlighting the top three best performing prominent crypto assets in the past week.
1. Cardano [ADA]
With the Shelley update underway, the Cardano network has been garnering immense traction. Previously, at the beginning of last month, the price of ADA witnessed a significant surge. Despite the fact that the coin has been on an uphill journey since March this year, ADA recorded a whopping 35.4 percent increase in its price over the last seven days.
At the time of writing, the coin was trading at $0.1133. As for the Shelley hard fork, it was scheduled to take place on 7 July 2020. However, it seems like the network is behind schedule.
2. ChainLink [LINK]
Soon after its latest partnership with the prominent cryptocurrency exchange, Huobi, the price of LINK started soaring. Despite witnessing a mere 2.3 percent rise on the first day of its partnership, the coin observed a 25.7 percent soar in its price over the past seven days. The latest altcoin rally even pushed the coin to its all-time high of $5.84 on 7 July 2020.
Over the past 24-hours, the coin had surged by 18.9 percent and was trading at $5.78, during press time.
3. Dogecoin [DOGE]
While all the other coins were surging due to partnerships and the altcoin rally, Dogecoin witnessed a rise, thanks to a viral TikTok video. The video that went on prominent Chinese platform, TikTok under the hashtag “#DogecoinTiktokChallange” garnered a whopping half a million views. This video is speculated to have had an impact on the price of DOGE. The coin had surged by almost 20 percent over the last seven days.
At the time of writing, the altcoin was trading at $0.00277 with a 12 percent change in the last 24 hours.
VeChain’s native currency VET was the biggest gainer of this price rally as the coin witnessed a 85.9 percent increase in its price over the past seven days. Bitcoin SV was also seen performing well with a 14.2 percent increase over the week.
Bitcoin, on the other hand, witnessed not more than a 1 percent increase in its price in the last seven days. At the time of writing, Bitcoin was trading at $9,265.67.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?