Crypto broker Voyager Digital said on Wednesday that it may have to issue a default notice to embattled hedge fund Three Arrows Capital (3AC) over its debt obligations.
Voyager said its current exposure to 3AC consists of 15,250 Bitcoin ($311 million) and $350 million worth of USDC. The firm had made an initial request for repayment of $25 million USDC by June 24, and has requested that 3AC pay the remaining amount by June 27.
3AC has repaid neither of the requested amounts so far. Failure to repay the loan will result in Voyager slapping the hedge fund with a default notice, after which the broker will pursue recovery of the funds in a legal measure.
Voyager takes big hit from 3AC exposure
Voyager said in a press release that it in discussions with its advisors regarding any legal paths it can pursue over recovering its funds. The company is unable to gauge how much of its funds it will be able to recover from 3AC.
3AC is considering asset sales and bailout talks in the face of a potential insolvency. A sharp drop in crypto prices exposed the hedge fund to a series of margin calls that it was unable to meet.
Its exposure to the Terra crash also severely dented its finances. The hedge fund was seen selling most of its holdings to prevent an all-out liquidation of its positions.
Earlier this week, Voyager received a $200 million cash loan, and a 15000 Bitcoin revolving facility from crypto exchange FTX to help it manage its strained finances. But it is not the only firm impacted by 3AC’s meltdown.
Three Arrows insolvency sends ripples across crypto
Crypto lender BlockFi is also exposed to 3AC, having flagged a large liquidation earlier this week. The firm also received a $250 million bailout from FTX.
More recently, Maple Finance also said it faces pressure from a possible contagion of 3AC and another stressed crypto lender.
Fears over a 3AC insolvency have played a major role in bringing down crypto prices this month, as traders fear a mass dump of tokens from its liquidation.
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Refutes Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?