BlackRock, world’s largest asset manager with over $7 trillion assets across equity, fixed income, cash management, alternative investment, real estate and advisory strategies seems to have taken note of Bitcoin and its growing popularity among institutional investors. Recently, the CEO of the firm Laurence D. Fink along with Central Bank governor Mark Carney at the council of Foreign relations discussed bitcoin and its impact on the global market in coming years.
Fink during the discuussion noted that Bitcoin’s current boom has got the attention of large financial players and has the potential to possibly become a global market as the adoption widens. He said,
“Bitcoin has caught the attention and the imagination of many people. Still untested, pretty small market relative to other markets. See…”
…these big giant moves every day… its a thin market. Can it evolve into a global market? Possibly.”
Fink also highlighted the possible impact of larger bitcoin adoption on the US Dollar in the international market and beleived that something like bitcoin could possibe weaken US Dollar’s position as a reserve currency in the international trade market.
Bitcoin Has Arrived As a Mainstream Asset Class
Satoshi Nakamoto, the psudoanonymous creator of bitcoin intended it to be used as a store of value in times when centralized fiat system starts collapsing and it seems 2020 is the year when bitcoin truly achieved that goal. The ongoing bull run is being carried by instituional players which is a sign that veteran investors are looking at the top digital currency as inflation hedge. This has been confirmed by several hedge fund managers as well as asset managers who have claimed time that the demand for bitcoin from their cleients is at the peak right now.
Prior to BlackRock’s CEO openly endorsing bitcoin, the company’s CIO for Fixed Income shared similar views and even went onto claim that the top cryptocurrecy’s technology is superior to that of gold and has very good chance of replacing the traditonal inflation hedge as the true store of value asset.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000