Bitcoin still has a lot of bullish catalysts in 2022 that will drive up its adoption and prices according to Peter Johnson, a partner at venture capital firm, Jump Capital.
Peter Johnson’s major bullish catalysts for Bitcoin in 2022.
Speaking with CNBC, Peter Johnson, who leads Jump Capital’s crypto and fintech investment arm stated that he is highly bullish for Bitcoin and crypto in 2022 despite the current market depression. He notes that Bitcoin’s current volatility has some of its roots in the fact that it is still considered to be a speculative store of value and a risk asset. He also noted the fact that the market has been affected by the massive liquidations in the derivatives market.
However, he remains long-term bullish for Bitcoin. According to him, Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market is setting itself up for a massive surge in 2022.
Zooming out, I think what’s really important is what we’re setting ourselves up for this year. I think there are several very positive catalysts for Bitcoin and for crypto.
The first catalyst he mentioned was the current market wide concern over rising inflation. He considers that the macroeconomic backdrop to be “very good for Bitcoin.” This is because it is likely going to drive more investors seeking store of value assets to preserve their wealth to Bitcoin.
Johnson also highlights that there is a massive amount of capital poised to be deployed in the crypto market. Being a venture capitalist himself, he cites that there are a lot of hedge funds looking to enter the cryptocurrency space.
There’s been billions of dollars that have been raised to be deployed into crypto. Hedge funds are increasingly deploying into the space, He asserted.
The final catalyst he mentions is the fact that the cryptocurrency industry was attracting a lot of talents. He states that “the smartest people in the world are building in crypto these days.” He surmised that these factors are going to play key roles in bringing positive movements in the crypto market in 2022.
Bitcoin’s price seeing some respite from the sharp drop
While the market waits for these long term factors to come to play, the Bitcoin market seems to be consolidating in the $41,000 price range. The price of Bitcoin is currently sitting at around $41,900, down 0.59% in the last 24 hours.
Data from Coinglass also suggests that market liquidations have slowed down significantly. In the last 24 hours, there have been around over $52 million worth of Bitcoin market liquidations compared to yesterday’s over $142 worth of liquidations. Market participants are still watching to see which direction the market will swing in next, as Bitcoin fear and greed level rises.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?