Ethereum closest rival Avalanche ($AVAX) is showing no signs of slowing down any time soon as it continues soaring in value. This follows after the asset claimed a spot in the top 10 biggest cryptocurrencies by market value over the weekend.
Avalanche ($AVAX) Can’t Stop Rising
According to data from Coinmarketcap, the native cryptocurrency of the high-speed, low-cost blockchain, AVAX, was up 10% today. In the early hours of today, the crypto asset topped a daily high of $142.34 before correcting. At the time of writing this report, the asset is trading at $139.04.
With a vast majority of other cryptocurrencies down, Avalanche is up 44.3% in a week, bringing its market cap to over $30 billion.
Similar to Ethereum, Avalanche is also designed to offer a network where decentralized finance (DeFi) products can be built.
But there is a huge difference between the two. Building on Ethereum — the network behind the second-biggest cryptocurrency by market cap, is expensive and slow especially when there’s a lot of activity on the network. Avalanche, on the other hand, is relatively faster and cheaper. Let’s break this down even more.
While Ethereum can only process about 30 transactions per second, with transaction fees on the network reaching hundreds of dollars, Avalanche can process up to 4,500 transactions per second. Not only that, transactions on the network can even be lower than $1 at some point.
Meanwhile, Ethereum developers are currently working on a long-anticipated ETH2.0 upgrade. With that upgrade, the network aims to offer a faster and cheaper transaction experience to users, that will compete better with second and third-generation blockchains such as Avalanche and Solana.
Why Exactly Is AVAX Rising Non-stop?
Avalanche’s recent fortune may be attributed to investors sizing up the “next Ethereum” while Bitcoin and Ethereum continue to experience sell-offs.
Recall that on Sunday, CEO of Singaporean crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital, Zhu Su claimed in a tweet, to have abandoned Ethereum despite supporting it in the past. He then added that he is now an AVAX investor.
Ever since Su made those comments, the price of the AVAX has continued to rise.
Judging by the look of things, DeFi users and investors may finally be appreciating the benefits of the blockchain, hence the non-stop rise of Avalanche.
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?