The stewards for programmable liquidity pools in DeFi, Balancer Labs, treads new ground, on a breakout run, this quarter. Dune Analytics reports show Balancer Labs broke previous all-time highs this November 2021 with its Liquidity Bootstrapping Pools (LBPs) raising over $105 Million, over the course of just three days. By way of background, Balancer’s LBPs are one of a class of liquidity pools that allow developers and start-ups to pre-program liquidity pools, to leverage and fund their ventures on their terms, while also offering pre-programmed rights, benefits and swap fees for instance, are also imparted to liquidity providers.
Balancer’s LBP Volume shot up from 2 November to 5 November 2021 raising over $105,576,956 USD in that period. Side volumes stayed consistently within the 5-10 Million range during this period. An incredible feat not just for the platform, but also for startups and developers looking to utilise such LBPs to raise capital and funding for their ventures in the DeFi space.
Dune Analytics further reports that in this time 6,313 transactions were made, by 3,900 participants, with a total trading volume of $138,580,702 USD.
For November 2021, the Total Locked Value (TVL) was $3.25 Billion, with liquidity distribution: 56% on V2, 34% on V1, 6% on Polygon, 4% on Arbitrum.
The TVL by Decentralised Exchange (DEX) was split between Curve (46.7%), Uniswap (28.9%), SushiSwap (16.2%) and Balancer (8.1%), with Curve nearly doubling its TVL of the DEXs from June 1 to November 1, 2021. Notwithstanding, LBP generated ~30 Million of volume on other pools.
At a market level, the platform continues to build onto its solid track record. As at 30 November 2021, Balancer boasts over 58 LBPs, 17.5k liquidity providers and $3.4Bn in total liquidity. Also, a nice extra (but not insignificant) titbit – to date, Balancer reports $72.3m in total fees have been earned by liquidity providers.
The other exciting news for Balancer this November 2021 was the deployment of its Balancer-Gnosis Protocol (BGP), to fix a $730M+ problem around front-running bots.
Balancer and Gnosis are each in their own right two of Ethereum’s leading protocols join forces. So the joint Protocol means the combination of Balancer’s on-chain liquidity, vault architecture and Miner Extractable Value (MEV) Protections with Gnosis’ price-finding mechanism.
The BGP will protect traders from bot exploits and value extraction with uniform clearing prices for batch trades. It also means traders can now also benefit from the upgrade with access to on-chain liquidity, MEV protection, better trading prices, and optimized gas costs in one place.
The BGP is now live as the default protocol within Balancer Labs DEX today and is expected to set the foundation for developers, start-ups and traders to fully capitalise on the liquidity pool offerings with Balancer Labs.
About Balancer Labs
Founded in 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, Balancer Labs is on a mission to become the primary source of DeFi liquidity by providing the most flexible and powerful platform for asset management and decentralized exchange. Balancer offers an automated portfolio manager and liquidity provider, turning the concept of an index fund on its head: instead of paying fees to portfolio managers to rebalance your portfolio, you collect fees from traders who rebalance your portfolio by following arbitrage opportunities.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?