Cryptocurrency exchange, Binance announced that the platform has enabled cross margin trading for DeFi Protocol, Uniswap’a native token UNI. According to the official release, Binance users will be able to trade UNI/BTC, UNI/USDT pairs. Additionally, it also announced a zero-interest promotion for borrowing UNI from the 27th of September.
Binance’s official Twitter Handle revealed,
— Binance (@binance) September 27, 2020
The exchange giant had earlier announced support for UNI shortly after the DeFi platform’s governance token went live on Ethereum mainnet. Following the surprise launch, the Ethereum network congestion, as well as the transaction fees, skyrocketed. Coingape had earlier reported that this launch triggered significant volatility in Ethereum which was not witnessed for a long time.
Additionally, Bitcoin and Ethereum’s massive price slump caused an industry-wide effect, as many well-known DeFi tokens including UNI, took a plunge from its all-time high. The governance token’s rally to $6.97 was cut short following this price movement after it suffered more than 50% decline. UNI quickly rose from a low of $3.79 to its press time value of $4.77. However, it was still down by over 46% from its ATH value. This could be due to the fact that most users who claimed UNI via the giveaway either sold or transferred all of their stakes since the volume of claimants declined over the past week.
But Uniswap still remains as one of the world’s largest DEX that has witnessed the rise of several food-themed clones of it. According to the below chart, development activity has been consistently increasing. This further indicated that it has so far managed to outpace its clones even after losing a large portion of its liquidity to one of its crucial rival – the contentious fork protocol Sushiswap.
However, all is not well in the Uniswap ecosystem.
The popular crypto analytic platform, Glassnode recently stated that while UNI aims to transition Uniswap into a decentralized, community-owned protocol, the team, on the other hand,” hasn’t been fully transparent about the path to decentralization.” It was earlier reported that the team, investors, and advisors were allocated 40% of all UNI tokens. The investors and advisors were allocated 21.51% each. The bone of contention is the distribution of these tokens does not have a schedule.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?