Bitcoin [BTC] futures volume and open interest on institutional platforms like CME and Bakkt are at All-Time Highs. The surge began around 27th July with the 11.08% break-out above $11,000.
The monthly futures price in contango further confirms the bullish inclination of the large OI. Contango implies that the price of future month contracts is higher than the months before it. During extreme bullish sentiments, this premium rises to over $1000.
According to leading market analyst, the rise in OI on CME on the back of huge volume indicates institutional interest. Kyle Davies, the co-founder of Three Arrows Capital confirms that,
CME’s contract is 5 BTC notional and frequently large block trades account for a LOT of the volume. This is US institutional chads not retail.
Not only CME, another popular platform for institutional traders, Bakkt Bitcoin futures OI is also at an ATH.
What happened during the weekend seems like a temporary reaction to over-leverages longs on unregulated exchanges. This is a novel instance where the funding and basis on unregulated perpetual contracts seem to be lagging the growth in CME and Bakkt. Leading analytics firm, Skew finds that,
CME is now #3 in terms of largest open interest for #bitcoinfutures, only OKEx and BitMEX are ahead
During extreme euphoric conditions, the OI on BitMEX And Okex have been known to cross $1 billion. Currently, it is less than $700 million. The funding rate for altcoins on BitMEX is, nevertheless, on an over-drive. The funding rate and basis on Okex, however, is less than 1% (positive, nonetheless). Hence, the overall crypto market sentiments seem bullish.
Do you think the crypto market is read for another bull-run? Please share your views with us.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?