The crypto market saw its first major liquidation event in 2022 as the majority of the crypto market bled in double digits. Bitcoin fell below $43K support to trade in sub-$42k levels and reached a new 3-month low of $42,761. Ether (ETH) lost $3,500 support and fell to a monthly low of $3,432.
The crypto market bloodbath wiped out nearly $300 billion from the crypto market cap and saw $800 million worth of leveraged positions getting liquidated. Bitcoin saw the largest share of total liquidation with $36.91 million followed by Ether at $20.88 million and Solana (SOL) at $1.88 million.
The market sentiment has turned red with the Fear and Greed Index indicating extreme fear in the market. Social media was also dominated by bearish sentiments as “dip” became the top crypto word for the day. The selling pressure is considerably high but analysts belive it is also the perfect opportunity to buy the dip.
Polarization amongst the trading crowd is upon us, following the latest #dip. And that is what the #1 rising word in #crypto circles is. It also appears the common notion is that it's #buy or #buying time, but with the interest in #sell rising as well. https://t.co/IW5U2BmrNR pic.twitter.com/cVdq8Clf1a
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) January 6, 2022
Bitcoin could retest $41K before a bounce-back
Bitcoin price dip currently coincides with the gold market which has registered record lows in the recent past. With the Omicron variant already showing its impact across nations, BTC is expected to repeat last year’s feat. Even last year BTC started off slowly and showed high correlations with the gold and S&P 500 index, but just within months, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies broke out to record highs which turned their correlation with the traditional market to negative.
Market analysts belive Bitcoin wouldn’t stay at the current levels for long and could either see a rise to $47k or retest its December lows of $41,762 before making a bounce back.
Expecting a sweep of Monday's highs at $47,609 or a retest of December 4 swing low at $41,762. pic.twitter.com/YM5oqG6I9i
— Akash (@Mangyek0) January 6, 2022
The top cryptocurrency is currently trying to conquer $43k as support as it trades around $43,100 at the time of writing. The veteran traders were not necessarily surprised by a 10% market decline as they consider upto 30% pullback in the bull market as a natural market cycle to move to new highs.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?